Thursday 29 November 2012

work so far.

This is my work I have been working on past few weeks.
More squares for the homeless big Knitathon.
The ladies from my Knit and Natter group at Collier Row have done me proud.. Thank you ladies, who would have guessed we would have ended up with 33 squares, and for such a good cause.




part of secret project


This is a part of a  secret xmas pressie  I am not saying anymore... pretty hey?

my scarf of many colours
Nearly completed.
This was made by sewing hundreds of small crochet squares together.The design is by Sarah London. The photo just doesn't do it justice, so will take more when it is actually completed.It doesn't show the sheer squishiness of it..!.

I am slightly recovered from my recent illnesses and trying to catch up..
Emma is k at   Uni,  although a recent  drunken student prank with a fire extinguisher meant her flatmate had to be rushed to hospital.. She is not starving but I have to top her  food shopping card up or the poor girl will fade away.She is working part time as a temp in a nursery,while she studies..
Alex is still working on his writing..we have a panto to go to this weekend.
Prince,our cat.. he had a very uncomfortable few nights when alex put a Dr who figure in his bedding.. and then turned the house inside out looking for it. 
In between my illnesses I did a one day first aid course which was offered free as I am a carer for Alex.I learnt how to do CPR,how to deal with burns, choking and fractures etc. Very useful,as my ex was the first aider and then emma qualified as a paediatric first aider.I am waiting for my certificate to come.The lecturer was very interesting,he had plenty of stories to tell and had led a interesting life.
Life is very cold here in Essex, we have got over the rain and now heading for a very cold few days..just when you want to wrap up warm and stay inside..
Leaving you with this lovely photo I found on the net..I can sense another cushion love starting after Xmas... 
and the legs well arent they stunning?I would love to get this done with temporary tats.. think its henna and indian body art..stunning and gorgeous..reminds me some what of Zentangle..of which I have another book..but that is another day.. until next time.. stay warm and dry..and most of all well.

No comments: