Monday 4 November 2013

half term week..and progress on my cut thru..SALmy progress after a week..

the finished picture(what it will look like)...
my progress after a week of stitching...
As you know I have been stitching on my Cut Thru Haberdashery Picture I am stitching on ..for The Monday SAL on Facebook... this is my progress after last week's stitching, so two weeks worth of work on it. I now have a bit of a picture to show for it.It is the left hand side cabinet with the mouse and books and part of a cat stitched.I must admit I am enjoying this stitch and its lovely seeing it take shape.
I am enjoying seeing the other girls progress with their stitching cut thru designs.
I also found the Cinderella Palace in my stash,I had forgotten I bought it and have also ordered the wedding cut thru for a wedding gift for next year that I am going to  . I am taking a break from crochet for the time being, and concentrating on a bit of stitching now I have my stitching mojo back.
Last week was half term week, we met up with my daughter Emma and she and I had to choose the day of the great storm to meet up, so instead of meeting up at her house, we met at West-field Shopping Centre,in Stratford, and i had to travel by bus(no trains as no electricity due to the storm),so it was 1 and a half hours there and same back, to go 12 miles, on very congested roads.We had a nice lunch at Pizza hut, a visit to lakeland Plastic, and I bought some wool in John Lewis there for making my minions, which is the only present making I intend doing this Xmas.Anyway Emma is still in Jordan, enjoying her break, and enjoyed it so much she extended her trip by a few more days and has changed the day she flies back.
We didnt do much last week, because the weather was so dire, so I stayed in stitched and did the boring housework.I did take Alex to see his Nan and Grandad and he enjoyed that.
I have spent the weekend seeing bands play live,resting,stitching, and enjoying my brief weekend off break while Alex spends time with his father.

No comments: